Get to know the Saint
- Our new Saint Ans designs are in honour of the souls that come into our lives and give us unexpected joy, just when we need them most.
- The bottom hem is adorned with handsculpted floral and leaf detail, created in fabrics that complement the one you choose for the main part of the frock. One takes days to create, and they are all one-of-a-kind. Despite this, they are still easy care. They can be hand washed and even placed in the dryer.
- The soft angles and design repetition across the skirting represents finding beauty and hope in life, despite its unexpected twists and turns. It gives a nod to the incredibly important Arts and Crafts Movement of the Nineteenth Century that is near and dear to Ivey Abitz. The aesthetic movement believes that good design is important in everyday life, and it should not just be set aside for special occasions. With this in mind, we give you a wearable work of art for everyday life.
- Even the neck opening is thoughtful and lyrical with its turns and curves as it makes its way to the shoulder seams.
- Subtle darting at the chest and gentle tailoring in at the waist creates a comfortable silhouette. The drape is relaxed and easy fitting. A slight a-line drape below the waist allows you to move easily and freely. The chest measurement is the most important area in terms of fit for our frocks.
- If you know for certain you’d like the waist cinched in a bit, order with our diminutively narrow side ties. The ties are approximately 40 inches long on a size medium. They are a bit shorter and longer, depending upon the size you choose. They are designed to cinch in at the waist whilst still allowing you to wear the Saint Ans Jacket with its sash (or other shirts and duster coats) over it.
The Saint Ans Frock is currently available in two fabric palettes: our Chestnut Tree and our Seagrass hues. Both are excellent everyday weaves, though they can easily be “dressed up” with the proper accoutrements and accessories for an extra special occasion.
It is obviously a lovely friend for the Saint Ans Jacket, but it can be worn with many of our other designs. We especially like it paired with the following: Elliot Jacket, Hudson Duster Coat, Pierrepont Shirt, Porte Cochere designs, and Vanetten Duster Coat. They have angles and band details that echo the symbolic twists and turns of the Saint Ans Frock.
|Length||50 from shoulder to lowest point at bottom hem|