Clever Design Details
The Pierrepont Breeches-Leggings are eighteenth century men’s breeches meet women’s modern day leggings. Flat front/elastic back waistband create an easy on, easy off piece.
- The Pierreponts are designed to be worn under our duster coats, skirts, and frocks. They give you the freedom to ride bikes, hike, and do everyday things with comfort and ease.
- Buttons on the cuffs can be buttoned or unbuttoned, depending on the look and feel you’d like on the leg. Adorned with vintage Art Nouveau filagree sturdy metal buttons. They match some of the other buttons in the IA 101 Collection so you can create a matching garment grouping and capsule wardrobe with ease.
- Pockets are centered on the side seams — a secure place for everyday items like phones and keys. Inseams are created with flat felled seams (NEVER unsightly serged seams here at Ivey Abitz), so there are not scratchy seams against the skin in these close-fitting leggings. An additional piece of knit fabric covers the seams at the crotch area so it’s comfortable against the body.
- A higher waist will sit comfortably at your waist and not cut into your hip like far too many leggings do.
- Sizing recommendations: If you’d like the Pierreponts to have a more relaxed fit, order your normal IA size. If you’d like them to fit like snug leggings, please make certain you order a size down. The Pierreponts are made from sturdy stretch knit and are designed to fit like a snug (but comfortable) legging — if you order a size down from your normal size.
- In-Stock Sizes S, M, and L. Size XS and XL may be ordered and shipped in about 3 weeks.
Charm of the Weave
Fresh Water Melange Knit
- A soft and washed viscose knit. Woven in the United States.
- Very soft and opaque. Relevant for all climates and considered a four season weave.
- Perfect for workday wear, everyday errands, and traveling. It can even be dressed up for special occasions with some spot on accessories.
- Easy care. To keep the washed and carefree look shown in the garment, simply wash on delicate in cold water with plant based detergent and fabric softener. Tumble dry on low with our wool dryer balls for several minutes.
|Waist Un-stretched to Stretched||10 – 16||12.5 – 18.5||15 – 21||17.5 – 23.5||20 – 26|
|Hip, 12 below waistband||17.5||20||22.5||25||27.5|
|High Water Length||32|
|Low Water Length||37|